Saturday, March 23, 2013

Prodical Sons

And Jesus said, "A man had two sons.  The younger ... said to his father, "Give me the share of the estate that falls to me... So he divided his wealth between the sons....the younger son then gathered everything together and went on a journey.....and squandered his estate .... Now when he had spent everything he began to be impoverished......Luke 15:11-14


Oh how many times I have read this parable and not paid a lot of attention.  Now as I live with the same situation, I begin to hear and see what this says in my heart.

This young man was like many of today's young men.  They too want, then get and then they squander it away on today's ways of living loose.  Those hasn't really changed from Biblical times.
In some cases they may not have financial wealth to squander but time, purpose and future.  They settle for the pleases of the moment, not wanting to think or deal with whatever the consequence's of their choices will be.

This problem isn't just for young men.  Many, many people are lie of the devil.  Men, women, and children even.  As a society we want and we want now.  What happens later doesn't fit in anywhere.

My writing here is for my "Prodigal".  We are both going through the heart wrenching separation and journeying of this process.  My hope and faith is all in the Lord to bring him home both to the Father and to me.  I await the next part of the parable with much prayer and love.

Only the heavenly Father has the true answer for those who find themselves in the most difficult places, dark, lonely, empty, places.  His Son...our Savior.  Jesus is the Light, His Words are Life.  and if we learn then and live them we will have life, maybe not the way the unbelieving world thinks, but a life filled with peace within, no matter the circumstances and joy for my that I am not alone to deal with this world.  His love and care covers me and all I can do is thank Him and LOVE Him back with a poor substitute of the love He gives me.

Lord watch over our "prodigal"; keep him in Your care and return him to those who love him.
You are good and mighty and so tenderly loving only someone who has experienced the presence of Your love can even say it.

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you, Lola for restoration for your "prodigal".
    I had not visited your blog for a time and am browsing through today.

    Three never seemed a means to get notices so I have to be pro-active!

    A Blessed Easter ( as it is Easter Sunday as I write ).
    Love, Lynn

    ReplyDelete