Monday, October 22, 2012

Sowing & Reaping

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy"...Psalms 126:5.....weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning...Psalms 30:5


Sowing in tears.  For days now that is exactly what I've been doing.  Someone very close to me whom I love  
dearly has made a very unwise choice in their life and is now going to have to deal with the serious consequences of this choice   Oh how my heart grieves and breaks for them and for those of us closest to them.  We who love them.  For days now I have been crying out to the Lord, Why?  Why did You let this happen? You are all powerful, all mighty You could have stopped it.  Scripture says You control all things.  Why didn't You?  Why didn't You?  Pain grips my heart, tears fill my eyes and I feel as if my God, my Lord, whom I love has abandoned my to my heartache.

Then that sweet soft voice I am learning to listen to in my heart says to me,  Beloved, all mankind has to have choice. Without it they can never love Me or choose Me as their heavenly Father.  I could have controlled this situation; I am controlling it.  Do you not see My hand at work even now?   I have a purpose and a plan in this Beloved, and I will bring it about.  Yes, it is very painful right now.  I do some of my best work in the sorrows of regretful tears.  Trust me!  You will yet see the goodness of the Lord.

Oh Jesus, I am so grateful for Your presence.  For the comfort Your love brings me.  Even in the midst of this vise gripping pain, deep within, I know that things will be okay.  That I will be okay---"yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, You are with me"...Psalms 23:4  You have promised never to leave  me nor forsake me and You keep your promises.  I will hold fast to Your word Lord. You are here walking right beside me, and You won't let me fall.  Nothing touches me without Your allowing it.

I started this blog with the Scripture about sowing in tears.  That we actually sow with our tears, seeds of trust and hope if we come and bring them to You.  You know all about weeping for those who choose wrong.  You wept over and died for a people who didn't recognize who You are.  A people who rejected You, crucified You, and all because You loved them so much You wanted to give them new life.

Dear Lord I am so very grateful for the Scriptures.  They tell us Your ways are not our ways, Your thoughts not our thoughts, but never leave us with out hope for a new morning that can and will bring us joy.  You are our joy, our peace in times of trouble. Whether I walk with You on earth or when I come home I can, and will have the joy of all you have promised...because You are faithful and true.  I love you Lord, because You love me so much.  I await the morning, knowing You are beside me in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment