Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cross of Victory

He's Alive!


I have just watched a movie called the King Of Kings from many years ago made on the life of Christ Jesus and His death and crucifixion.  As I watched my thoughts were about the dramatic license the film studio had taken through the story.  How could anyone ever truly show the story of this extraordinary Man of Scripture.
This Jesus, the Messiah, and if Scripture is true and I with all my heart believe it is, God's very own Son.

I confess I cried as I watch the story being told of what my Lord Jesus suffered on His rescue mission to this world.  The price He paid so I could have eternal life.  The horrible, awful brutally He went through before and while dying.  I cannot imagine on my worst day of pain what it would be to be nailed to a cross with spikes through my hands, bleeding until I finally died.  The crucifixion was a horrible death!  And Jesus chose to except it for the sin I have committed.  He was innocent of any wrong doing.  Perfectly God and perfectly Man.  He could have called down ten thousand angels and wiped the entire Roman empire off the face of the earth, but He choose to die so that I may live and offers that same life to anyone who is willing to except His gift.  His life for ours.   Words truly can not express what I'm feeling at the moment.

Yet, what came to me as the most awesome realization, really, really, feeling it, not just reading about it, was after Jesus death and burial, when Mary first saw Him in the Garden resurrected.  Alive.  Real. Whole.  With all the scars to show He had really died on that Cross.  Victory!  Jesus had victory from that Cross of suffering. And we have victory in Him as His beloved.  My heart nearly leaped out of my chest as I experienced the joy that knowing He arose from death, I will also have life in and with Him after the sufferings of this life whatever they be.  And I know I am not alone, ever, ever again.  Because of His beautiful love He is beside me now and into eternity when the time comes.  I have no reason to fear death, or even fear in life, because Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Oh Lord, how much my heart overflows in loving gratitude to You for the gift You have given me.  In my self-absorption and mourning and groaning over how hard life is at times; at how much it hurts,  You understand and love me even more than I can imagine.  I love You Lord with all my heart,  Thank You! Thank You that You God Almighty Creator of entire Universes, could love any of us, yet You do and even desire to have a personal intimate relationship with us, with me.  You are truly King of Kings whether we believe or not  one day every knee will bow before Your Majesty.  Praise to You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment